(1) Research Methodology:
- Identification: A list of 800 Indian listed companies were identified based on SEBI mandate of women directors and 200 popular Indian brands were identified with women founders including the Editorial team suggestions.
- Scope of Companies: For the scope of the project, only the companies reporting their Annual Report/Financial Report for the FY’21-22 were considered. For some companies the latest data for as of 2023 was also considered as per the availability.
- Source: Data for each company has been taken through reliable primary sources – Integrated Annual Report, ESG/Sustainability Report, Financial Returns, Investor Presentation, Business Responsibility Report, companies’ official website. In rare cases, secondary sources like Great Place to Work, ET etc. have been referred to.
- Parameters for Best Organisations for Women: Best Organisations for Women have been assessed on a comprehensive set of parameters inclusive of Percentage of Females, Female representation on the Board & C-Suites, Benefits for female employees, Policies or Programs for the prevention of sexual harassment of women, CSR initiates for women, Gender diversity targets, Leadership/ Career development for women.
(2) Scoring Methodology for Best Corporates:
- Weightage: All the parameters have been assigned equal weightage assuming that each data point is equally important in the analysis.
- Quantitative Data: Data points Percentage of females, female representation on the board and C-Suites quantitative data has been earmarked per parameter. The range scale has been 0 to 5 for Best Corporates.
|> = 10%||1|
- Qualitative Data: Data points measuring disclosure based on Benefits provided to the female employees, Programs for the prevention of sexual harassment of women, CSR initiates for women, Gender diversity targets, and Leadership/ Career development for female employees. The companies have been rated as follows:
(3) List of Parameters:
|Parameter||Parameter Definition||Weightage (in %)|
|Percentage of Females||What is the female percentage in the overall workforce?||12.5%|
|Female representation on the Board||What is the percentage of females on board?||12.5%|
|Female representation in the executive management||What is the percentage of female in C-Suite?||12.5%|
|Benefits provided to the female employees||Does the company provides exclusive employment benefits for its female workforce (Such as maternity leaves, flexible working, etc.)?||12.5%|
|Policies/ Programs for the prevention of sexual harassment of women||Does the company have policy/ programs for prevention of sexual harassment of women at workplace?||12.5%|
|CSR initiates for women||Does the company conduct CSR initiatives for women at the society level (Such as – constructing lavatories for women, supporting women/girl child education, etc.)?||12.5%|
|Gender diversity targets||Does the company have programs or targets to increase gender diversity across any level within the organization?||12.5%|
|Leadership/ Career development for female employees||Does the company provide leadership/ career development programs for female employees across any level within the organization?||12.5%|